Saturday, July 20, 2013

Home sweet Home

The flight home was not as exciting (or comfortable) as the flight to Germany. No one passed out or had a heart attack so we were stuck in economy class. It was a looooonnnng flight. Plus we traveled for over17 hours including layovers and stops. I kept getting up in the long flight to stretch, do lunges, wall sits, squats, jumping jacks-anything to keep blood moving to my legs. The other passengers kept looking at me like I was nuts but all I could think is "No DVT for me."

The girl sitting next to us had a horrible cough and proceeded to cough for the 10 hour flight!!!! She wouldn't even cover her mouth. The germaphobe in me was desperate for a mask. I had actually brought one with me but I left it in my checked luggage. I used my wrap to make a scarf and held it in place using my earphones. 

When we arrived in San Diego my body was so confused. It believed it was only 6:30pm but it felt so tired since we'd been away for almost 24 hours. 

We fell asleep at 8pm without even unpacking (which I always do after a trip). Backpacking was great-it's changed something inside me. I appreciate different cultures more than ever, I have a bigger passion for art, culture, history and architecture than I ever did before, and I just don't sweat the small stuff. And let's be honest-it's all small stuff.

This trip was perfect for Arnel and I.  I think we've come home happier people and more appreciative of what we have. We're become better thinkers, more patient and focused because of it. And I hope that carries into our professional and personal lives. 

This will be my last post until our next great adventure-which I promise will be soon! Thank you to everyone who read about our travels. I checked this morning and the tally so far showed that 1244 views had taken place of this blog-woohoo!! For a first time blogger, that's pretty good. Now I did find it funny that the nude beach entry had a ton of views-in addition to our long flight to Germany which included the emergency rescue. 

Please feel free to tell your friends planning a trip to Italy to contact me if they have any questions. I have a ton of info and learned even more that I will gladly share. 

Its Saturday in San Diego-I woke up at 7am after 11 hours of sleep in the best bed. I woke up determined (not to unpack) to get a ticket to Comic Con....when there's a will there's a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment