Monday, July 8, 2013

Disneyland...Wait that's not Mickey Mouse?

Yesterday was our 2nd day in Germany and we woke up to go to Europa Park. Europa is the place Walt Disney visited and gained inspiration for Disneyland. My cousin Ricky was so excited to take us there. I'll be honest and admit I wasn't as thrilled. However, the drive alone was worth it. We passed all these amazing scenic towns. I saw grapevines that put Napa Valley to shame (did you know Germany is also famous for its wine?). The different shades of green give you new appreciation for nature.

When we arrived to Europa Park and saw the largest roller coaster tracks that go over the parking lot I started getting excited. The rides at Europa are very similar to Dland and same set up with different lands. But the roller coasters surpass anything Disney has. Our first roller coaster was Speed which is made by Mercedes-Benz. Lets just say I'm glad I didn't eat a heavy breakfast. My favorite coaster was called Blue Fire-it not only goes fast but you go upside down and do these corkscrew turns that mimic NASA flights. I really enjoyed listening to people speak

different languages and seeing different ethnicities while at the park. 

The drive home was even more beautiful with a sunset around 10pm that left me speechless. I love how sunny it is at 9pm. It feels like 3pm. 

Underwear update: I know some of you are dying to know how our Exofficio underwear are holding up (and I know some of you are not!). I wore a pair to Europa and it was a very hot and sweaty day. Even with the water rides I still knew there was no way I could wear them again without a wash. Luckily Ricky had free laundry services on base. However, Super Nel decided his undies passed his sniff test (ewwww!!!) and will wear them again tomorrow. He did however say that he would air them out overnight-lucky me. 

Here are a few photos from the day:

Europa has a mascot like Dland only they use a rat instead of a mouse. 
Some of the themes of the lands were a little dark. This is a statue from Norwegian land...lil sthcary for the
little ones.

Cooling off on a water ride

 
 Super Nel, my cousin Ricky and me


Look familiar?

This is what it looks like in Germany at 11:15pm and the sun comes up at 5am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment