Sunday, November 23, 2014

And so it begins...

A new travel post! This blog has a new title and will have some fresh new material since there is a big trip in the near future (with a bunch of small ones in between). So much has changed since my last blog post-most importantly I got married! Remember that dashing and handsome young man I went to Europe with in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Underpants blog? He talked me into a lifetime of adventures together. Super Nel and I had an Up themed non-traditional wedding on the beach (hence the name of this blog-Adventure is Out There!). It was basically a big party with a short ceremony at the beginning. Everybody had a wonderful time and after the wedding was over we were very excited to start planning the honeymoon! The honeymoon will be the focus of all my future posts for the next 4-5 months. 




Our plan: a month long honeymoon in Europe. We had so much fun during our last Eurotrip that we want to go back. This time we'll be seeing different European countries and cities and we won't be going alone. Our honeymoon has turned into a group moon with a total headcount of sixteen people (at the time of this post). Once we started talking with friends about how much fun we had on our last Eurotrip and the itinerary we have planned for this trip many of them decided to join us. And so the title "group moon" was invented.

My goal is to post on this blog weekly and the posts prior to our trip will include all the research that goes into planning a big trip such as this one with so many people. There has already been a ton of planning that has taken place up to this point (we've been planning since October 2014) so I'll do my best to play catch up on the next post. If you didn't get the chance to read any of the Sisterhood blog posts I encourage you to do so. If you'd rather not, here's some info to know about me and my blog: I'll mainly write about travel adventures that I take with my husband/friends/alone. We enjoy traveling locally (USA) as well as to different countries. We try to find a middle of the road budget that includes frugal deals and cheap finds as well as splurges along the way. My husband loves to eat (who doesn't?) so he usually does most of the research for eating and he has graciously volunteered to play photographer for this blog (thanks in part to the fancy camera I gave him as a wedding present).

If you would like any specific questions answered about our adventures, please write it at the end of the blog post (you'll need a google account to do so).

The next post will have our proposed itinerary for Eurotrip 2015.

Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment