Sunday, April 5, 2015

Good-bye Cinque Terre

We slept in as late as possible on our last day in Cinque Terre. We had a 3pm train to catch out of Cinque Terre to Pisa in the afternoon. When we woke up Super Nel and Bree went down to the Main Street of our town to get breakfast from one of the local markets and bakeries. They came back with fresh juice, bread and yogurt. We sat out on our balcony to eat. It was going to be really hard to leave CT. This place is so beautiful and the locals are some of the nicest people I've ever met. This place makes you feel like you're in a whole different world. 

The CT has little tiny markets. You go to one for your produce and another for your meat, etc. it makes me wonder what life would be like without a Costco..


We spent our last day doing final exploration of our town Riomaggio. We made our way back to the marina and just sat there soaking up the sun. The sun rays felt so good. I'm really loving Europe and the cold doesn't bother me too much. But I do miss our San Diego sunshine. 

If it was just a little warmer, I would have loved to jump into the water from the rocks behind me. 

So hard to say goodbye to this amazing town. 

I couldn't believe it was warm enough to wear this dress without leggings! But Eeek my legs are as white as Casper.  

One thing we found pretty funny was the size of the tubs. Miss Delia and her group stayed at a really cute place but the tub was smaller than a tiny standing shower. It made shaving your legs an adventure. 

We popped into one last bar to enjoy a beer before catching the train to La Speitza. The bar was pirate themed and inside they had this quote painted on the wall:


It was really hard to board the train but I did knowing I would come back. Our friends loved the Cinque Terre as much as we did and it felt good to know we had shared this beauty with good friends. 

This made me laugh-this man was getting on the train with his dog on his shoulders. 

Up next, we go see the leaning tower or Pisa. 






No comments:

Post a Comment